OpusCare of South Floridais a nonprofit organization serving the Miami Dade county community since 1991.
Follow us on
#HappyValentinesDay Thank you for all the love and support from our family to yours❤️ #opuscare #support #family ... View More
#happyvalentinesday It’s never too early to spread love and appreciation for your team. Valentine’s Day celebrations ... View More
#thoughtoftheday💭 As we continue to raise awareness on the effects of heart disease, with the help of @lizafit we ... View More
#NationalHeartMonth #WearRedDay ❤️ This Friday Team @opuscare came together to raise awareness for heart disease. ... View More
#AmericanHeartMonth Smoking, physical inactivity, nutrition, overweight/obesity cholesterol, diabetes and high blood ... View More
#AmericanHeartMonth Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in men and women in the United States. Coronary ... View More
#AmericanHeartMonth Today we come together and wear red to take action and raise awareness about women and heart ... View More
As we enter the new year, it’s important to re-evaluate your healthy habits. We encourage you to go back to basics. ... View More
#MLK #thoughtoftheday💭 On this day we commemorate the words of Martin Luther King Jr. And his courageous work ... View More
@opuscare is empowering the Millennial generation to make a difference in the communities we serve. All senior-level ... View More
We provide our patients and their families excellence in hospice and palliative care services with a unique, innovative and compassionate care plan where dignity, comfort, and quality of care are our priorities.
Together we can provide innovative ways to improve the quality of life of the communities we serve, during the time when you need it the most.
OpusCare of South Florida is based on several ideas:
- No one should die alone or in pain.
- Life-limiting illnesses can cause emotional and spiritual distress as well as physical pain,all of which deserve quality professional attention and compassionate care.
- A serious illness affects the entire family, not just the person who is ill. Those affected need and deserve ongoing support before and after a loved one’s death. OpusCare provides pain management and appropriate palliative care, care that focuses on the patient’s comfort, when curative medical treatments no longer enhance quality of life.
Dignity and Care
- OpusCare strives to meet the patient’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs and provides support for the entire family during the illness and for at least one year after a patient’s death.
- Most hospice care is provided at home, where people most want to be when they are ill. In addition, hospice care can also be provided in a nursing or residential facility and in certain circumstances, in a hospital or hospice management residence.
- OpusCare also provides medications, medical equipment and supplies necessary to promote comfort at home or in other hospice settings.
- Hospice does not mean giving up hope. The focus shifts toward helping the patient achieve the maximum quality of life by focusing on their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
American Heart MonthFebruary 2019
National Oatmeal MonthJanuary 2019
Top Ways to Stay Healthy During Flu SeasonNovember 2018
Passages: Grieving During the Holiday SeasonNovember 2018
Why OpusCare?October 2018
Are you Ready for Hurricane Season?September 2018
Passages: Coping with LossAnniversary Issue
Passages: Coping with GriefAugust 2018
2018 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and FiguresJune 2018
OpusCare is "Best of the Best" for the Third Year in a RowMay 2018
End of Life Care: Providing Cost Savings Solutions while Improving Quality of CareMay 2018
Passages: New TraditionsMarch 2018
- View All Articles